Thursday, November 23, 2006

For Those About To Rock... Put Your Shirt Back On!

I am truly dumbstruck. I am in awe. Not a single one of my wildest adolescent fantasies could have spawned such a wonderous device as this one.

Australian CSIRO engineers have created an air guitar that actually works, fulfilling the dreams of talentless metal fans around the world.

It comes in the form of a shirt fitted with sensors which pick up the strumming and plucking motions of the wearer, as each arm bends to choose a chord or swings to brush the strings.

The shirt then sends the movement information across a wireless connection to a computer which generates the sound to match.


I can think of at least a dozen people that would gladly sacrifice an irrational number of paychecks to own one of these. If the ability to air guitar an audible song doesn't get you laid, I don't know what will.

No comments: